Till, a powerful new musical by Leo Schwartz and DC Cathro, will run February 27 – March 8, 2020. This stirring and powerful new musical is about Emmett Till, whose murder in 1955 helped ignite the civil rights movement. Since part of the story takes place in a church, American Theater Group will be staging the play in South Orange’s own St. Andrew’s Church!, 160 W South Orange Avenue, South Orange, NJ
Schedule of performances:
- Feb. 27th & 28th at 7:00 pm (Previews)
- Feb. 29th, March 5th, 6th & 7th at 7:00 pm (March 5th performance will be followed by a talk-back with Rev. Wheeler Parker, Jr., Emmett’s cousin and the last living witness to these events)
- March 1st & 8th at 2:00 pm (March 1 performance followed by a talk-back with show director and writers)
- Sunday, March 1st: audience is invited to stay for a talk-back with the writers and director of Till following the performance.
- Thursday, March 5th: audience is invited to a not-to-be-missed talk-back with special guest Rev. Wheeler Parker, Jr. Rev. Parker is Emmett’s cousin who was with him during that fateful visit to Mississippi, and is the last living witness to these events.
- Friday, March 6th: audience is invited to stay for a discussion with cast members from TILL following the performance.
To purchase tickets, click here.