Dr. David Campt will lead a five-session, online blended learning experience – Empathy is Your Superpower: How White Allies Can Boost Their Persuasive Skills
– to help people learn best practices in persuasion around racism. The course will include 5 live coaching sessions, each of which will be available on-demand, to watch later, for those who may need to miss one or more of them, scheduled every other Tuesday 8-9:30pm EST: on June 9, June 23rd, July 7th, July 21st, and August 4th. Cost is $99.00.
This course will empower and equip all who attend it with more practical skills they can use in conversations with people who tend to minimize the problem of racism. The learning objectives are designed so that participants can:
- More easily become centered so they can better respond when people around them make racially problematic statements
- Initiate conversations about race/racism in a way that white post-racialists find inviting
- Tap into the power of your own stories about race/racism they tend to dismiss as not useful
- Learn a reliable method of repair communication with someone when things have gone off-track
(People of color can benefit from the course because it is based on universal principles, but it’s harder for POCs to use the methods on the topic of racism).